Sunday, December 26, 2010

Finishing out the year

I have gotten a little behind in listing my latest reads...

The False Friend by Myla Goldberg
I read this one after reading a review in People magazine. It was pretty good, although I am not sure I have any clue what happened. Did she? Didn't she? I don't know!

In a Heartbeat: Sharing the Power of Cheerful Giving by Leigh Anne Tuohy. A good read and an interesting follow up to seeing the movie "The Blind Side". And it is always cool to read a book set in a city you know!

The Power of Half: One Family's Decision to Stop Taking and Start Giving Back by Kevin Salwen

There's a (Slight) Chance I Might Be Going to Hell: A Novel of Sewer Pipes, Pageant Queens, and Big Trouble by Laurie Notaro
Love her books. This was a novel rather than an essay collection but it was still really funny.

Bryn and I are forming a bookclub (we are the only two members at the moment!) and are enjoying our first books...

The Fairy-Tale Detectives (The Sisters Grimm, #1) by Michael Buckley
The Unusual Suspects (The Sisters Grimm, #2) by Michael Buckley
The Problem Child (The Sisters Grimm, #3) by Michael Buckley
These books are great fun! Bryn has loved them and I am enjoying them a lot, too!

No comments: